SMOKE SCHOOLS DURING COVID-19
We are committed to the safety of our smoke school students
Compliance Assurance Associates, Inc. (CAA) shares our clients’ concerns about COVID-19. CAA understands the difficulties COVID-19 poses for our clients’ facilities and employees. CAA is following CDC guidelines and best practices to ensure our smoke schools keep students healthy and limit the spread of the infection. CAA is committed to supporting your air quality compliance needs through these unprecedented times.
EXCLUSIVE DIGITAL CERTIFICATION
Patent Pending #17/102,637
CAA has developed a digital, paperless certification process that enables smoke school students to certify using their smart devices. The paperless certification allows test-taking, grading, and certification card issuance to be performed electronically. Digital certification eliminates the need for students to handle pens, papers, and clipboards. Digital certification has been thoroughly tested and is being implemented throughout our smoke schools.
WHAT WE ARE ASKING OF OUR CLIENTS/SMOKE SCHOOL ATTENDEES
First, we ask that everyone follows CDC recommendations to prevent contagious and infectious diseases from spreading:
- Wash hands often for 20 seconds and encourage others to do the same.
- If no soap and water are available, use hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue, then throw the tissue away.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Disinfect surfaces, buttons, handles, knobs, and other places touched often.
- Avoid close contact with people - recommended separation is 6 foot minimum.
Second, we ask our smoke school students to adhere to these protocols:
- If a student feels ill, they should stay home.
- Attendees should follow best social distancing practices.
- Attendees are asked to bring their own utensils, including pens, rulers, and clipboards.
- If students require any of the above supplies, they should be retained by the student after class completion.
- Students should not share supplies during class.
CAA STEPS TO PROTECT OUR SMOKE SCHOOL STUDENTS*
FIELD TRAINING AND CERTIFICATION
- Smaller test groups will be organized. Each test run will have approximately 24 students. Including CAA trainers, group size will never exceed 24 persons.
- Small groups will be organized by company or field office to reduce exposure to other groups of students.
- Two-hour staggered arrival times will be scheduled.
- Safe distances will be maintained between trainers and participants.
- Each run will be completed in one hour.
LECTURES MOVE TO ELECTRONIC FORMAT ONLY
CAA’s lectures are currently offered in an optional electronic format. CAA has begun implementing lecture sessions as online-only. Check our online class listing here.
Look for CAA's web-based, self-paced lecture course in early 2021. Our new lecture course will offer lecture certification on-demand; students can complete the opacity lecture course at their own pace and on their schedule.
LINKS TO CAA COVID-19 RESOURCES
NOTE: CAA understands our clients' concerns about attending a public program. If you choose to not attend in the near future, you may attend a program at a later date for the fees you may have already paid. Please read our Terms and Conditions page.